Page 8 of 20
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:29 pm
by Sinead
IT'S AFFORDABLE THIS YEAR!!!
>.>;; Because I'm cheaping out and getting the Protoform Package. I'll end up having fun without the Awards Dinner anyway, thanks to the fact that I can't sit still without having a problem with needing something to do. Blame high school and upbringing. (Nearly spelled it schol, too. Shows how much I payed attention.)
SO! For those of you who went last year, Ehren will most likely be returning. All I have to do is get him the prices.
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:32 pm
by Maeglin Dubh
Do you have to pre-register for a one-day visit?
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:35 pm
by Beastbot
If you're just going for a one-day visit and don't care about the exclusive toys or whatnot, just show up and pay the $9 or so for the walk-in price. Keep in mind that you cannot go to the Awards dinner, Movie Screening, etc., without pre-registering for at least a Protoform package-- you can only visit the Dealer Room and the panels.
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:38 pm
by Baron Fel
WEll gang one thing hasn't been mentioned.
The TF movie screening you need to pre-pay for (it's $25 but i'm sure well worth it and it goes to charity) So make sure you add that in when you register.
This year looks great.
(And if Americians are going you should definitly register for the club as you save some money doing so and get a cool toy, and a chance to buy Pre-BW Air-razor.)
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:39 pm
by Maeglin Dubh
Like I said, I'm a poor man who works Fridays until 6:00, gets back on Sunday at 1:00, and has a 24-hour workday. From Sunday straight through 'til Friday. None of the packages are a possibility.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:48 pm
by Starath
Um, here's a stupid question...
How would one fax the registration thingy?? I'm never too good with reading important documents. I always miss the obvious. ^^;
Gotta get everything lined up, though, and show my parents before I 'do' anything.... *grumble* >_>
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:56 pm
by The Crab
All I gotta do is print out the form, fill it out, then fax it.
And Starath, in order to fax something... I'm doing this from memory from a long time ago, it's like scanning something. You put the document in the fax machine (how you put it in depends on the machine), you punch in the number, then ya send it.
I think. O_o Beastbot probably knows alot more than me.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:12 pm
by Starath
Thank you Crab, that much I know, it's the whole I needs a phone numberto which to send it, and I'm *assuming* I must pay by credit card. But with the way the register sheet is set up, I think using a card is for signing up for the TF club only.... or I could be completely wrong and I need lunch. @_x *slithers off*
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:17 pm
by The Crab
Actually, ya can also pay with checks. Though then the registration would have to be sent via snail mail. Which is not cool.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:34 pm
by Miss Special
You can use a card to pay without joining the club. It just looks a little confusing.
The fax number I got off the brochure and the registration form is (817) 448-9843, so that's the one I'm using.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:53 pm
by Starath
Ooooh, okay. I shall have to look at the form again when I'm not half asleep. Thankies guys.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:28 pm
by Beastbot
According to those who called the TF Club offices, they've already recieved 600 forms. So if you haven't faxed yours in yet, unless you're one of the 100 lucky ones picked at random, you aren't going on the Hasbro tour.
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:39 pm
by Sapphire
Slag! I have been watching the Botcon site like a hawk for months and the TWO DAYS I go away, they put up the pre-reg forms and everything's snapped up before I can go: "Wha-?"
I faxed off my Botcon registration form this morning. I know that is already too late for the Hasbro tour, which rather sucks. I wonder if I'll be able to see the film? I know seats are limited and if they've already received 600 forms... Do you know how that works, Beastbot? Will there be multiple screenings? I ordered it on the form, since it was still presented as an option.
Whining about bad timing (on my part) aside, this Botcon looks like it's going to be awesome. I'm really looking forward to it.
I purchased the Primus package, because I too believe they're going to go up in value. The exclusives I bought last year certainly did. I'm selling my Botcon 2005 set and have already sold my Botcon 06 Waspinator and Megatron toys to afford to go, but I reckon it's worth it.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:13 pm
by Wicked Woman
How exactly do you apply for the movie screening? I don't think I've seen it in the registr-- OH NO! Does this mean it's unavailable now? Slag! Now, how do I send in my form and method of payment?
WW
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:27 pm
by Beastbot
I just got a confirmation e-mail-- I'm #58, so that means not only did I get into the Hasbro tour, I'm in the first 100 too, w00t! Anyone else who signed up over the weekend should get a confirmation e-mail or phone call by the end of the week-- if not, contact Fun Publications.
I faxed off my Botcon registration form this morning. I know that is already too late for the Hasbro tour, which rather sucks.
Likely, but not necessarily.
Still sign up for one if you want to go, it doesn't cost you anything, and remember that they'll choose 100 random people past the first 400 preregistrants to go on the Hasbro tour as well.
I wonder if I'll be able to see the film? I know seats are limited and if they've already received 600 forms... Do you know how that works, Beastbot? Will there be multiple screenings?
I doubt they'll have multiple screenings, given that it'll happen late Thursday night-- the question remains if they've just rented out one theater, a couple of theaters, or a whole cineplex. I'm betting on the middle option, but they haven't said either way. Judging from the Club Council's responses, it seems that at the very least there's considerably more spots open for the movie than for the Hasbro tour. I'd say you have fairly good chances when it's still this early in the game. Apply for one regardless, worse case scenario they'll bump you out and refund your $25.
Oh, and WW, the early movie screening reservation IS on the registration form, it's $25-- you're looking at the Guest Registration form and not the Dealer Registration form, right?